Friendly Chemistry DVD Series: Disk 1 (Lessons 1-6)
Primary: Friendly Chemistry DVD Series: Disk 1 (Lessons 1-6).pdf - 42,759 KB/Sec
Mirror [#1]: Friendly Chemistry DVD Series: Disk 1 (Lessons 1-6).pdf - 28,378 KB/Sec
Mirror [#2]: Friendly Chemistry DVD Series: Disk 1 (Lessons 1-6).pdf - 39,431 KB/Sec
- Friendly Chemistry DVD Series: Disk 2 (Lessons 7-12)
- Friendly Chemistry Manipulative Set
- Friendly Chemistry Annotated Solutions Manual
- Friendly Chemistry DVD Series: Disk 3 (Lessons 13-18)
- Friendly Chemistry Student Edition: A Guide to Learning Basic Chemistry
- Friendly Chemistry Student Workbook
- Friendly Chemistry DVD Series: Disk 4 (Lessons 19-24)
- Friendly Chemistry - Teacher Edition (One Student) Volume 1
- Friendly Chemistry DVD Series: Disk 5 (Lessons 25-28)
- Friendly Chemistry DVD Series: Disk 6 (Lessons 29-32)
Friendly Chemistry was written using simple language and a host of analogies to make learning (and teaching!) chemistry easy. The chemistry concepts presented in Friendly Chemistry are NOT watered-down. The concepts are just explained in ways that are readily understood by most learners. Coupled with these explanations is a host of teaching aids, labs and games which makes the learning concrete and multi-sensory. Students find the course fun and painless. Parents often comment, "I wish I had had this when I was taking chemistry. Now it all makes so much sense!"
Friendly Chemistry covers the same topics taught in traditional high school chemistry courses. The course begins with an introduction to atomic theory followed by discussion of why the elements are arranged the way they are in the periodic table. Quantum mechanics comes next using the acclaimed "Doo-wop" Board as a teaching aid. Next comes a discussion of how atoms become charged (ionization), followed by an explanation of how charged atoms make compounds. The mole is introduced next, followed by a discussion of chemical reactions. Stoichiometry (predicting amounts of product produced from a reaction) is treated next followed by a discussion of solutions (molarity). The course is wrapped up with a discussion of the ideal gas laws.
Please note that this is DISK 1 of a six-disk set. Disks 2-6 may be purchased separately.
More information regarding Friendly Chemistry including answers to many frequently asked questions may be found at www.friendlychemistry.com.
When sold by Amazon.com, this product will be manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.